Girard School used to stand on the south end of Sandfort Road until it was demolished in 1994. Next to the graveyard, which butted to the school, cold spots during the summer and hot spots during the winter can be felt to
observers. Also, several people reported seeing children attending
class in 1930's attire during the late 1980's. Sometimes the school
bell will ring during the middle of the night, but the old abandoned
building has no power.